Services for Australians Overseas
What we can and cannot do
We provide consular assistance to Australian citizens and permanent residents travelling or living in Andorra, Equatorial Guinea and Spain. Our capacity to assist you is influenced by local laws and conditions, international rules governing consular work, and by the cooperation offered by persons and organisations outside the Australian Government. For more information on what we can and cannot do, please visit Assisting Australians overseas.
Travel information for Australians
Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Living in or travelling in Spain
- Visas for Australian citizens travelling to Spain
- Getting married in Spain. See also Marriage overseas
- Getting married in Australia
- Notarial Acts: Apostilles, Certified copies, Signature Witnessing
- Birth, Deaths, and marriage certificates
- International driving permits. See also Driving in Spain.
- How to locate a person or family member in Australia
- Recogniton of Academic Titles
- Taxation issues
- Police clearances - from Australia
- Police clearances - from Spain
- How to apply for an Australian age pension
- Yearly events of interest to Australians in Spain
- How to obtain a Baptism Certificate from Australia
- English-speaking Lawyers in Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar
- English-speaking Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals and Clinics in Spain
- English-Spanish Translators and Interpreters in Spain
- Important Contact Telephone Numbers - Spain
On-line registration for Australians overseas
Please register on our online registration if you are an Australian planning to live overseas for extended periods, or if you are travelling to a location where there are security risks.
Australian Community in Spain
Australia Spain Business Association
The Australia Spain Business Association (ASBA) is a non profit association with the general aim of promoting business, investment and commercial relations between Australia and Spain. ASBA aims to be the key point of reference for Australian business entering Spain and for Spanish business entering the Australian market.
- Information gateway for Australian benefits, payments and services
- Social Security Agreement between Australia and Spain
Returning to Australia
- Information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.
National Survey on Same Sex Marriage
The Australian Government will proceed with the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey of all Australians on the Commonwealth Electoral Roll. Instructions on survey participation will be published on the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) website. Alternatively, you may telephone the ABS on +61 2 6252 5262 (charges apply).
Australians overseas who are on the Commonwealth Electoral Roll, and have registered as an overseas voter and provided their overseas address, will be sent a request for response directly. To check your enrolment details, please contact the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) via their website.
- For any further enquiry on Australian Consular Services, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org