Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission - Austrade - contributes to Australia's economic prosperity by helping Australian businesses, education institution, tourism operators, governments and citizens as they:
- develop international markets and promote international education
- win productive foreign direct investment
- strengthen Australia's tourism industry
- seek consular and passport services.
Austrade achieves this by generating market information and insight, promoting Australian capabilities, developing policy, making connections through an extensive global network of contacts, leveraging the badge of government offshore and providing quality advice and services.
Austrade aims to create value for businesses and institutions, in a way that represents a good investment for the taxpayer and meets or exceeds all appropriate standars of ethical behaviour.
Austrade's role is to advance Australia's international trade and education, investment, and tourism interests by providing information, advice and services.
- helps Australian companies to grow their business international markets, including through administration of the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme and the TradeStart programme, and promotes the Australian education and training sector in international markets.
- provides coordinated govenrment assistance to promote, attract and facilitate productive foreign direct investment (FDI) into Australia.
- provides advice to the Australian Government on its trade, tourism, international education and training, and investment policy agenda.
- develops policy, manages programmes and provides research to strengthen Australia's tourism industry and to grow Australia's tourism market share.
- delivers Australian consular, passport and other government services in designated overseas locations.
Through Brand Australia, promote awareness of contemporaty Australian skills and capability to enrich Australia's global reputation.
Austrade in Madrid
Austrade Madrid is located in the Australian Embassy and offers the services outlined below:
- Works with Spanish and Portuguese investors who are interested in accessing opportunities in Australia
- Promotes and supports Australian education providers and businesses.
You can contact Austrade Madrid by emailing Madrid@austrade.gov.au.
For information on studying in Australia, please refer to the "Study in Australia."
For information on exporting to Spain and Portugal, contact Austrade Direct on 13 28 78 (inside Australia).
Doing business with Australia
A gateway to information and services about Australia for foreign business people.
Investor Guide: www.austrade.gov.au/Invest/Doing-business-in-Australia/Investor-Guide
Exporting to Australia
Spanish and Portuguese companies wishing to sell products and services to Australia or to obtain details on import regulations into Australia should contact the appropriate government trade promotion bodies.
ICEX España Exportación e Inversiones – www.icex.es
AICEP Portugal Global - Trade & Investment Agency – www.portugalglobal.pt