How to renew an Australian Passport using a Form PC7
Check that you are eligible to use this form to renew your passport.
The PC7 form cannot be used to renew a passport that has been expired for more than 3 years. If you were sent a PC7, it is valid only until the date shown at the centre of the top of the form.
Before lodging your application:
• Check that all pre-completed details on the form are correct. If changes are needed to the name field or personal details in Section 2, you will need to contact your nearest Passports Office to obtain the extended Form PC8 or you can complete one online.
• Check the pre-printed address at the top of the form. If changes are needed to the address, neatly cross through the pre-printed address and write the new address in black ink to the right of the incorrect address.
• Complete the remaining sections in black ink and sign and date the form attesting that all the information is correct.
• Obtain two recent colour photographs (they cannot be more than six months old) and write your name neatly on the back of one photo. A summary of photo specifications is on the form. Here is a useful guide you can print and take with you to your photographer.
How to lodge your application
As from 1 July 2015 you must lodge the form in person, to request an appointment to lodge your application please arrange an appointment. Make sure you provide:
• The completed application renewal form, filled out in black ink.
• Your previous passport (the number of which is recorded at the top left side of the application form). This passport will be returned to you after we have cancelled it.
• Two photographs, one with your full name written neatly on the back.
• The passport fee (and courier fee if you do not intend to collect your passport from the office where you are lodging the application).