PC8 FORM CHECKLIST
- Fully completed application form in black pen.
- All supporting documents are original (with official translations if not in English).
- Proof of citizenship provided – Australian birth certificate and/or citizenship certificate.
* If you were born after 20 August 1986 in Australia, additional documents are required - see PC8 instructions.
- Overseas birth certificate (with translation if not in English) for proof of gender and birth place, plus name change documents for any name changes since birth – this applies to applicants born overseas only.
- Name change documents provided if the name to go in your new passport is different from your Australian birth certificate name or Australian citizenship certificate name – see PC8 instructions for name change requirements.
- Photos checked for size and quality.
- Guarantor has written on the back of one photo “This is a true photo of applicant name” and signed underneath. Guarantor available during work hours.
- No whiteout or alterations on signatures/dates at Sections 11, 15, 17 and 18.
- Correct payment – remember, fees are adjusted on the 1st of each month.
- Previous expired or current Australian passports.
- Application to be lodged at the correct Australian Embassy or Consulate.
The following must also be added to the application:
- Correct ID Combination provided.
- Full birth certificate for child (with official translation if not in English).
- Both parents have given consent at Section 15.
- Witness for both parents’ consent not related or living in same household as either parent.
- Lodging parent signed/dated declaration at Section 17 (on behalf of child).
- Children aged 10 and over signed at Section 18.
- All court orders issued in relation to the child provided.
- Name change documentation for child provided if current name is different to birth name.
- Name change documentation for parents provided if current names differ from child’s birth certificate – eg. marriage certificate for mother.
- ID provided for the lodging parent.
If you cannot answer yes to all items, please contact the office where you will be lodging your application to discuss.