Embajada de Australia
Andorra y Guinea Ecuatorial

How to complete - PC8 Overseas Application.


The PC8 application must be completed in full using black ink pen. Please read the following instructions carefully to assist you in completing your application.


All applicants must provide either an Australian Citizenship Certificate and/or a full Australian Birth Certificate (not an extract nor commemorative) to prove Australian citizenship. If you were born in Australia after 20 August 1986, you must also provide one of the five documents:

1. Your Australian passport issued after 1 January 2000 that was valid for 2 years or more; or

2. One parent’s Australian birth certificate; or

3. One parent’s Australian passport, issued after 20 August 1986, that was valid at the time of the applicant’s birth; or

4. Evidence of one parent’s Australian permanent residence, valid at the time of applicant’s birth; or

5. One parent’s Australian citizenship certificate, valid at the time of the applicant’s birth.

Note: Children born of Australian citizens outside Australia, including in Spain, must acquire Australian citizenship before applying for a passport. You cannot lodge a passport application at the same time as a citizenship application. For further information on becoming an Australian citizen, please contact the Department of Home Affairs.

PROVING YOUR GENDER AND PLACE OF BIRTH – for applicants born overseas only

If you were born overseas, please check your citizenship certificate to see if it lists your gender and place of birth. If the certificate does not list your gender AND place of birth, then you will also also need to provide your foreign birth certificate (with an official translation into English or the International version issued by the Spanish Authorities). If you do not have a foreign birth certificate, please provide your current foreign passport to prove your gender and place of birth (for adults only).

Note: your previous Australian passport cannot be used for this purpose.


If you have changed your name since birth or citizenship, you must provide one of the following:

If you were born in Australia – a revised birth certificate, marriage certificate or name change certificate issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the Australian state where you were born or married. Foreign marriage certificates are not acceptable for name change purposes.

If you were born overseas – a revised birth certificate, marriage certificate or name change certificate issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Australia. OR – an official name change document issued by the equivalent overseas authority duly legalised with the Apostille of the Hague. This includes official marriage certificates, death certificates, divorce decrees or court orders for change of name. You must also complete a B11 statement to state your country of residence, how long you have lived here and that you are no longer a resident of Australia. A B11 statement form can be found here.

Special note re marriage certificates: If you are changing your name due to marriage, please note that we can only accept official certificates issued by the state/territory or country where you were married, not by the marriage celebrant. Please check your certificate carefully to ensure it is not the ceremonial certificate you received on the day of the ceremony. Additionally, marriage certificates can only be used to evidence a change in your surname. If you wish to add/change your given names, you will need to provide separate name change document in addition to your marriage certificate. All foreign certificates must be duly legalised with the Apostille of Hague.


Please check your child’s birth certificate carefully to see how both parents’ names are recorded on the certificate. If either parent is currently using a different name to what is recorded on the birth certificate, that parent must provide a name change document to explain the difference – eg. marriage certificate, death certificate, divorce decree or court order. 


Please remember that all declarations must be signed and dated. You must also ensure that signatures and dates have no alterations, no corrections and no white-out. Signatures must be within the white boxes on the form.


Australian passport photos are different to Spanish standard size photos. You should check your photos carefully before submitting them with your application. In particular, the size of your head must be between 32mm and 36 mm from the top of your head (not hair) to the tip of your chin. Your mouth should be closed and your face should have a neutral expression (no smiling). The edges of your face should be visible and your eyes cannot be obscured by glasses frames or your hair. Please make sure there is no flash reflection on your glasses (it is easier to take your glasses off for the photo). Your photo should also have good lighting, no shadows and no red eye. Photos must be sharp and of high quality.

Your Guarantor (see the notes on the next page) must endorse one photo as follows: “This is a true photo of [the applicant’s full name]”, and then sign it below. Avoid to use paper clips or staples to attach photos to the form as this may make them unusable.

Further information on photos.


Original identification must be provided with all applications. No copies are accepted.

FOR ADULT APPLICATIONS – please refer to the instructions on page 2 of the application form for a list of what ID is acceptable. You will need to supply ID that meets one of the combinations listed.

FOR CHILD APPLICATIONS – one piece of original photo ID is required for the lodging parent.


Normal processing time is up to three weeks from the time your application is lodged, provided that all the required documentation and suitable photographs are submitted with the application. If you have an urgent need to travel, sooner than the three weeks, please contact us.


All original documents, including your old (cancelled) passport will be returned at the interview. Damaged passports are not returned and will be destroyed by the Passport Office.