Child passport renewal applications (PC8) can be mailed-in provided that the applicant:
- is aged under 16 years old
- AND has previously held an Australian passport
If you don’t meet these criteria, you’ll need to book an appointment to lodge your application in person. https://spain.embassy.gov.au/madr/BookAppointment.html
To complete your PC8 minor renewal click https://www.passports.gov.au/
You must provide the following along with the PC8 application form:
- A completed payment authorisation form https://spain.embassy.gov.au/files/madr/Card%20authorisation%20form.pdf , you can view our passport fees https://spain.embassy.gov.au/madr/Fees_consular.html, please include the appropriate courier fee to send you your new passport. Please note that we can only send passports within Spain and Andorra.
- Three Australian standard passport photos, less than six months old. One of them needs to be endorsed by the guarantor.
- Type A: an Australian citizen not related to the applicant by birth or marriage who has known your child for at least a year and holds a current Australian passport . Please note that your application will not be accepted if your photos do not meet the photo requirements.
- Type B: non-Australian citizen not related to the applicant by birth or marriage who has known your child for at least a year and currently holds one of the professions listed here.
- You can refer to our photo guidelines https://www.passports.gov.au/passportsexplained/theapplicationprocess/passportphotographguidelines/Pages/default.aspx
- Do not attach the photos to the form
- Copies of both parents' valid photo ID and proof of address. These do not need to be certified.
It will take a minimum of six weeks to process your passport from the date the application is accepted.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will be returned to you, further delaying the process.
When you’ve completed your application, send your application by any courier service to:
Embajada de Australia
Torre Emperador, Planta 24
Paseo de la Castellana 259D
28046 Madrid, SPAIN
It is important that you:
- Do NOT hand-deliver your application to the Embassy
- Do NOT fold your application, and use an A4 envelope
- Do NOT use staples, paper clips or anything else that may damage your photos.