For a renewal, you must be 18 years and over and you will need a passport that:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006
- had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
- has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If you don’t meet these criteria, you’ll need to book an appointment to lodge your application in person, via Book an Appointment.
To complete your PC7 adult renewal click https://www.passports.gov.au/
You must provide the following:
- A completed renewal application form, dated within six months of lodgement, checking that:
- Section 5 of the form is signed in BLACK INK and dated
- Your signature is kept inside the white box with no alterations or ‘whiteout’ on the signature or the date
- Your application form is valid, make sure your review the expiration date at the top of form
- Your form is printed correctly with no sections missing or cut-off
- Your place of birth is exactly the same as your previous passport
- A completed payment authorisation form https://spain.embassy.gov.au/files/madr/Card%20authorisation%20form.pdf , you can view our passport fees https://spain.embassy.gov.au/madr/Fees_consular.html, please include the appropriate courier fee to send you your new passport. Please note that we can only send passports within Spain and Andorra.
- Three Australian standard passport photos, less than six months old, with your full name written on the back of one photo. Please note that your application will not be accepted if your photos do not meet the photo requirements.
- You can refer to our photo guidelines https://www.passports.gov.au/passportsexplained/theapplicationprocess/passportphotographguidelines/Pages/default.aspx
- Do not attach the photos to the form
It is very important that your signature in BLACK INK is included on your application in strict accordance with the guidelines.
Your entire signature must be kept inside the white box provided on the form. If it is not, we can't process your form and your application will be delayed.
Your signature must be dated within six months of lodgement and must be in BLACK INK. If it is not, we can't process your form and your application will be delayed.
Do NOT alter your signature or the date. Do NOT use white out on your signature or the date. If there are errors on your application or it was dated more than six months before lodgement, you will need to reprint the form - taking care to sign and date it appropriately.
It will take a minimum of six weeks to process your passport from the date the application is accepted.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will be returned to you, further delaying the process.
If you need your passport in less than six weeks, you may be eligible for an Emergency Passport. Evidence of urgency (i.e. travel itinerary, visa appointment confirmation or letter from your employer) is required and you will need to lodge in person.
When you’ve completed your application, send your application by any courier service to:
Embajada de Australia
Torre Emperador, Planta 24
Paseo de la Castellana 259D
28046 Madrid, SPAIN
It is important that you:
- Do NOT hand-deliver your application to the Embassy
- Do NOT fold your application, and use an A4 envelope
- Do NOT use staples, paper clips or anything else that may damage your photos.